TorinoFilmLab - Training, development, Funding



Jeanette Nordahl, Ingeborg Topsøe, Eva Jakobsen



Winter. The Danish countryside around an old industrialized farming town. A flat and windswept landscape. Frosty fields, naked trees and open sky. Everything seems far away. Authorities. Opportunities. Help. This town is abandoned, businesses are closing and houses are left empty. Out here, you are on your own.
Following a car accident, which kills her mother, 17-year-old Ida moves in with her estranged aunt and her aunt’s grown sons. The home is filled with physical tenderness and love, but outside of the home, the family leads a violent and criminal life.
When an unforeseen murder pressures the family and their loyalty to each other, tension builds as love and violence become impossible to separate. Ida is faced with the same question her mother faced before her: what are you willing to sacrifice for your family?


Whether we call it original sin or social heritage, breaking free from the path your family has set out for you is an enormous, if not impossible, task.
“Wildland” is a story about the destructive power of family love. It is a female-driven film with mafia elements, where both the head of the family and the protagonist are women. The film plays with all the expectations, devices and notions of the genre, while realizing that the pressure and forces within a family are very real and extremely powerful.
The characters are not fighting against outside enemies or even each other. They are fighting themselves and what they pass on. This gives the film a claustrophobic, unsettling feeling and challenges our perception of where the real danger lies.
We are excited to give our take on this violent genre making a mother’s caress more intrusive than a car-crash and childbirth more violent than a murder, as we portray the cyclical continuation of social heritage and the loss of control.

budget, distribution & sales

Snowglobe is a Danish production company established by producers Katrin Pors, Mikkel Jersin and Eva Jakobsen. We are producing and co-producing director-driven films worldwide with acclaimed and emerging talent. Credits include Amat Escalante’s "The Untamed" (Silver Lion, Venice Film Festival 2016), Ralitza Petrova’s multiple awardwinning "Godless" (Golden Leopard, Locarno 2016) and Joachim Trier’s "Thelma" (Toronto International Film Festival, Special Presentations 2017). “Wildland” is an original story. With a bold take on the mafia genre, this Danish female-driven debut feature shatters our view of a nation perceived as the happiest people on earth. We will be focusing our marketing strategies both in national and international audiences striving for an international A-festival premiere in 2019 and subsequent theatrical release on Danish turf. Principal photography is initially scheduled for fall 2018. Our estimated total budget is € 1.600.000-1.700.000. Development funding is secured by the Danish Film Institute. We are currently in advanced development: casting, location scouting. We aim to secure about 80% of the financing, looking for the remaining 20% outside of Denmark. We wish to meet potential partners such as sales agents, distributors, broadcasters and co-producers.


You can only teach your children what you know. That is the evil joke of it all.
Jeanette Nordahl

Film Director

Ingeborg Topsøe


Eva Jakobsen


production notes

original title

directed by
Jeanette Nordahl

produced bySnowglobe Film
Refshalevej 157a, stuen
1432, Copenhagen

written by
Ingeborg Topsøe

total production budget
€ 1.600.000-1.700.000