Up to 8 teams will be selected to take part in an exclusive plan of activities from in November 2023, as part of Boost IT Lab.
The Lab is addressed to two main targets:
- - Italian projects with high potential for international co-production, presented by an Italian production company.
- International projects looking for Italian production partners, with a special focus on those who want to find the right Italian minority partner for their project.
All the projects will benefit from dedicated training sessions with experts and mentors, which aims at putting them in contact with potential partners, expanding their industry network and, at the same time, enhancing their knowledge and experience in co-productions, markets and international financing. The goal is to provide a new generation of professionals from all over the world with tools and guidance to work internationally, and to better understand the global potential of their project. Producers will also have the opportunity to network with a wider audience of decision makers by taking part in the TFL Meeting Event (24th - 25th November).
Each project team will benefit from:
- - Two online script sessions
- - Four days intensive workshop
- - One final pitch presentation in front of international producers
- - One badge (for the producer) for the TFL Meeting Event.
The lab is realised in partnership with the Film Centre of Montenegro, Méditalents, Brasil CineMundi and Projecto Paradiso which support the participation of one project from Montenegro, Mediterranean area and from Brazil.
For information: email@example.com
5th September 2023, 12:00 p.m. CET (noon)
Applicants will be notified in mid-September.
The Lab will be held from 20th to 23rd November 2023 in Turin (4 days) plus one day for the final pitch (23rd November) plus two optional days of attendance at the TFL Meeting Event (24th and 25th November) for producers only.
N.B. The dates are subject to change.
The call for projects is addressed to two targets.
First, emerging Italian producers in team with the directors who have already obtained national and/or international recognition and are taking their first steps into international co-production.
Second, international (non-Italian) producers in team with the directors who have already obtained national and/or international recognition and are working on a project that could involve an Italian minority partner.
The producers must apply with a feature film project (fiction or creative documentary) in development stage, for which they aim at finding international partners.
All activities, meetings and events will be held in English; thus, a good knowledge of English is essential in order to participate and all written material must be translated.
The participation has a fee of 3.000,00€ (plus VAT, if due), per project (maximum two participants per project). This includes a tailor-made plan of activities and networking events. Travel, accommodation and part of the meals costs during the workshop are at participant charge.
The participation to the Meeting Event (for the producer only) includes the accommodation, the meals and all the activities included in the event.
Applicants must confirm their full availability for all the days of the workshop.
The requested materials – to be submitted all together in 1 single PDF (10 MB max.), and all in English – are:
1. Motivation letter explaining why you would like to take part in the programme – 1 page max
2. Synopsis – 1 page max.
3. Intention note about the project – 1 page max
4. Artistic concept & audio-visual reference
5. Web links to previous film(s) of the director
6. Biographies of producer, director & writer (if on board)
7. Production company profile – 1 page max
8. Detailed budget (Euro) and detailed financing plan – including structure of potential co-production (names and/or countries of potential companies, and percentages of financing from each country). Suggested form for the Financing Plan
9. Development and production timetable
10. Marketing & distribution strategy – 3 pages max.
11. Treatment - 10 pages max.
Please click on the "APPLY NOW!" button in the right-side column of this page to access the on-line application form and submit your project. Before starting the application process, you will need to create an account on the TFL Visitor Page.
All the updates once a month in your mailbox, subscribe to the TFL newsletter.